Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tops ten songs CONSTANTLY played in Cabo San Lucas


I thought I would dedicate this entry to the top ten (and possibly only ten) songs REPEATEDLY played in Cabo. It's like all the clubs got together, and bought the EXACT same CD or burned a copy for every single place or loaned each other the same ipod. What you get is the same ten songs over, and over, and over again...and everyone STILL gets excited and I have to admit, I was a little bit guilty of that as well =) So here they are, in no particular order...

UPDATE! The song titles are now links...SWEET!!

1. Tonight's going to be a good night (Black Eyed Peas)
*This song by far was played 3-1 more than any other song. If you go to mexico, you will hear this song about 372 times. I won't take credit for saying this, but a friend said "Tonight will be a better night if they stop playing this song!"

2. Party In The USA (Miley Cyrus)
*I heard this song for the first time 2 months ago. A bunch of 12 year old girls at the bowling alley were screaming it at the top of their lungs. I had to ask who it is. Since then I have heard it over 4000 times, and somehow it's popular with the spring break crowd in Cabo. IMMEDIATELY turn in your man card if you were a guy, and you sang this song at El Squid Roe.

3. Hotel Motel Holiday Inn (Pit Bull?)
*No idea what this song means...maybe bringing back a girl to your hotel room? I think Pit Bull can afford something nicer than a Holiday Inn, especially after the royalties from having this song played for the millionth time at the Riu Night Club. Oh wait, I forgot, there are no royalties in Mexico.

4. Empire State of Mind, New York (Jay Z)
*Serious I am googling the artists as I go, because I really had no idea. In Cabo, especially after having a few drinks, people LOVE hearing the city or state of where they are from. Like you could be in a place with 2000 people, and if the DJ yells out OHIO or WISCONSIN, every five minutes people lose their minds. It doesn't matter that it happened like 5 minutes before, and he just named the other 48 states before you. So imagine if the whole song is about your home state...people just start passing out with excitement.

5. Any AC/DC song (The Cabo Wabo Band)
*Every song they do is done with a mexican accent..or words like job sound like YOB. But for some reason, when they do AC DC they sound EXACTLY like the lead singer Brian Johnson. He knows this, so every other song is AC DC.

6. Somebody Call 911 Shawty Fire Burning on the Dance Floor (I have no freaking clue)
*Was it wrong, that every time they played this song, I thought of Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN? They always go to commercial with this song, and I was SO TIRED of all spanish sports tv and soccer! This is one reason I am happy to be home.

7. The Spikey Leg (GS BOYZ????)
*Ok, so thanks to google I found out that this is called the Stinky Leg, or the Stanky leg, depending on your grammar, but since I thought it sounded like Spikey Leg I am sticking with it. I actually learned how to do the Spikey Leg and can't wait to practice it in the mirror!

8. Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
*Ok so this is my, I think I am getting old moment, but who the hell is Lady Gaga

9. Get Low Low Low Low (T Pain)
*Why I don't like this song? For the same reason I hate line dancing songs at country western bars. I am already not the best dancer on the planet, and now all of a sudden you have to dance AS LOW to the ground as possible. It's about 50/50 that I will tip over. I think it's so funny that these artists are obsessed with starting a new dance craze...which leads to the number 10..

10. Walk it out, Soulja Boy Superman, Cha Cha Slide, and any Country Western Line dance for that matter.
*Ok I give up...these songs are when I know it's time to get a beer and go back to my seat!

11. BONUS SONG! Lollipop (Lil Wayne)
*I had to throw this one in because he is one of the weirdest looking dudes on the planet, and doesn't have any skin left to tattoo. And he uses that weird voice distortion thing (sorry, I don't know what it's called) And while we are at it, what is a Shawty?

HEY FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY TO THIS LIST! I am sure I missed one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment